Top Ten Tuesday | My Autumn 2020 TBR!

This week’s theme is all about the books on our autumn TBR! As always, I love compiling seasonal TBRs, but over the summer I returned to work after being furloughed for three months and that’s definitely led me to reading less. I’m working from home for the foreseeable, and I used to do most of my reading on my commute.

I love reading spooky things in the autumn, and it’s a time of year that I’m always more inclined to pick up my second fictional love, historical fiction, but this autumn I’m just going to pick books that I’m in the mood for after feeling a bit slumpy in August.

Want to see how I did with my summer TBR? Check out my wrap-up here!

Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron: This African-inspired YA fantasy involves witchdoctors and a demon king. Perfect reading for the spooky season!

Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson: I love YA thrillers and I’ve read and enjoyed Jackson’s work before, so I’m very excited for her new novel.

The King of Crows by Libba Bray: I adore this series and I’m so nervous to see how it all wraps up! I read The Diviners last October, so it seems fitting to come full circle and bring the series to an end this October.

Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas: What could possibly be a better read for the spooky season than a story about a boy who summons a ghost?

Tempting the Scoundrel by Katrina Kendrick: Kendrick is the romance pseudonym of SFF writer Elizabeth May and I enjoyed the first two books in this historical romance series. Considering this novel features a romantic hero who’s involved in the criminal underworld, it feels like another ideal book to read as the darker nights roll in.

Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson: The lovely Elena sent me a copy of this novel last Christmas and I’ve been saving it for Halloween. I’m looking forward to crossing it off my TBR!

Seven Devils by Laura Lam and Elizabeth May: I received a copy of this sci-fi novel from NetGalley and it sounds like so much fun. As November is SciFiMonth, I’d like to get it read and reviewed.

The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs by Katherine Howe: I really enjoyed The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane and my parents very kindly got me this sequel for Christmas, so I’d like to cross it off my TBR.

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo: Bardugo’s adult debut sounds perfect for the spooky season. I meant to get to it last year and didn’t, so I’d like to have it under my belt by the end of this year.

These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong: I’ve been lucky enough to receive an eARC of this Romeo and Juliet retelling set in 1920s Shanghai, so I’d like to get it read and reviewed ahead of the pub date in November.

77 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | My Autumn 2020 TBR!

1. thecorneroflaura says:

Cemetery Boys and Ninth House are on my TBR too. I’ve only read the first book of the Diviners series but I’ve heard great things about the rest of the series so I’m really looking forward to Lair of Dreams. Hope you enjoy The King of Crows!

2. JonBob says:

I’m so effing excited about These Violent Delights! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Ninth House has been on my TBR for a while too, but I’ve actually never read any Leigh Bardago before (!!!) and want to read her previous books first, so might still be a while yet.

Here’s hoping we both enjoy it! I must admit I’m not the biggest fan of the original Grisha trilogy (I think Shadow and Bone is the weakest of her books), but I LOVE Six of Crows and I think you could definitely start with that one and then go back to the Grisha trilogy.

1. JonBob says:

Six of Crows is the one I’m most excited about. I have this weird thing though where I like to read authors in the order they wrote their back catalogue lol. My brain can be weird like that πŸ˜„

3. elenasquareeyes says:

Reading through your post I was like, “Oh yeah I remember hearing a lot about Undead Girl Gang and was meaning to check it out” and then I see that I gifted it to you! πŸ˜€ Can’t believe that was a year ago!
    Good luck with your TBR!

4. lindseyhabets says:

Great list! I read and loved both Cemetery Boys and Ninth House, and I agree that they are perfect for fall! I want to read The Diviners and October does sound like a perfect month for it πŸ™‚ OH, and Kingdom of Souls sounds so good too!

Fab list, Jess! I want to read so many of these as well. Heard especially good things about Grown and of course, Cemetery Boys! Just waiting on my own copy to come in πŸ˜‚ Definitely get you with the mood reading! Do what you enjoy and happy reading πŸ™‚

I’ve heard such good things about Grown and Cemetery Boys that I might just have to read them. And These Violent Delights sounds so good! Definitely looking forward to reading that when it comes out.

Good luck and happy reading! πŸ™‚