Top Ten Tuesday | Authors I want to read everything by

This week’s theme is ‘Authors I’ve Read the Most Books By’ but, for whatever reason, I wasn’t feeling all that inspired by my list when I started to compile it because a lot of the authors on it were authors from my childhood that I’ve mentioned a lot before.

So instead this week I’ve decided to talk about the authors I’d like to read everything by after enjoying some of their work!

Anna-Marie McLemore

I finally crossed Wild Beauty off my TBR earlier this year and I loved it. Magical Realism is a genre I’ve struggled with in the past, but McLemore’s writing is beautiful and I’d love to read more of their work very soon.

Amy Rose Capetta

Capetta is an author I have a feeling I’ll be calling a favourite author in a year or so, once I’ve read more of her work, because I thoroughly enjoyed The Brilliant Death and The Lost Coast and I’d like to read everything else she’s written.

Sarah Waters

Waters, on the other hand, is already a favourite author of mine, but I’ve only read five of her six novels. I still haven’t crossed The Night Watch off my TBR and that’s something I’d like to do sooner rather than later!

Adrian Tchaikovsky

Children of Time is one of the best sci-fi novels I’ve ever read and, since finishing it, I’ve been very keen to try more of Tchaikovsky’s work. I own copies of two of his other novels and I’ve been sent a third via NetGalley, so I’m planning to read more from him this year.

Naomi Novik

I didn’t love Uprooted as much as I hoped, but Spinning Silver is one of my favourite novels of all-time. I’m so excited for the first book in Novik’s new series being released this autumn, but one day I’d also like to go back and check out her Temeraire series, too.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

I’ve read three books by Adichie and yet still haven’t read any of her novels, despite hearing wonderful things about them. I tend to love work by Nigerian writers, so it’s about time I crossed one of her novels off my TBR.

Becky Albertalli

I don’t read YA contemporary very often, but Albertalli is probably my favourite author in the genre. I’ve read and loved three of her novels, but I haven’t read either of the novels she’s co-written with Adam Silvera or Aisha Saeed yet.

Libba Bray

I don’t think it’s any secret that I fell in love with The Diviners series last year, which I’m planning to finish up this year, and once I do I’d like to read everything else Bray’s written, too. I have a lot of respect for the amount of research she does and I’m very excited to read even more of her work in future.

Taylor Jenkins Reid

I loved The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and I’ve heard so many good things about Daisy Jones & The Six, but I’d like to give Reid’s older novels a try, too.

N. K. Jemisin

The Broken Earth is one of my favourite series, so I’d like to read Jemisin’s older series and her newer work!

44 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | Authors I want to read everything by

1. Marina_Books of Magic says:

You did a cool twist on the topic, I’d like to reflect on authors I want to read more of too in one of the future TTT’s 🙂 I’ve only read Novik from your list, and I should read more of her books too! Some of the other authors have been on my list for ages, I need more time in a day lol. xD Great list!

2. Annemieke says:

Oh yes I’d love to read more by McLemore too. I have 2 more of hers on my shelves so I can make a start. And I want t read a lot more by Jemisin as well. I just got the whole inheritance trilogy to tackle this Summer.

3. Tooshorttooread says:

Really like your interpretation of the prompt – wish I’d thought of this one! But yes to Naomi, NK J, A-M Mc … there are so many good books ahead!

4. proxyfish says:

I love your take on this topic! I absolutely adore Adrian Tchaikovsky’s writing – he ended up on my Top Ten with ten books! – and really recommend everything he’s ever written! Haha! I particularly love his Shadows of the Apt fantasy series. It’s very close to my heart!

I’m also determined to read more Naomi Novik as I really enjoyed Uprooted and have only heard good things about her other works. The same goes for Sarah Waters; I’ve seen some great TV adaptations of her work but haven’t read any as yet!

Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

5. Lisa says:

Great topic, and I love so many of these authors too. I read a whole bunch of Sarah Waters after discovering Fingersmith, but I think I still have two to read. I’ve read all of Taylor Jenkins Reid’s books — nothing quite tops my love for Evelyn Hugo, but they’re all worth reading! I do want to read the Temeraire books too, and I should go back to the Diviners at some point. Enjoy all of these!

This is a fun alternative for this prompt! It’s so fun when you find an author you like and you want to read all of their books. I did that with Emma Mills and Emery Lord last year and it was great. 🙂

7. Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky says:

It’s my goal to read more of Anna-Marie’s books this year too! I read her Dark and Deepest Red and completely fell in love with her style of writing…:D And this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually like Jemisin’s Dreamblood series more than her Broken Earth in terms of worldbuilding and just pure entertainment.