Top Ten Tuesday | My Summer 2020 TBR

This week’s theme is all about the books on our summer TBR! I’m a mood reader, so I love reaching for books set in warm climates during the summer, but I must admit my summer TBR this year is a little all over the place.

I have books set in warm climates, summer releases I’m anticipating, and a few romance novels because, to be honest, 2020 has kind of sucked and right now I need some light fluff with some guaranteed happily ever afters alongside some of the more serious books I’d like to read.

Queen of the Conquered by Kacen Callender: This Caribbean-inspired fantasy sounds like the perfect summer read.

Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia: I’m so excited for this book! My love for Silvia Moreno-Garcia’s work knows no bounds.

The Empire of Gold by S.A Chakraborty: After the way The Kingdom of Copper ended, I have a mighty need for this book! I adore Chakraborty’s world-building, and Ali is possibly one of my favourite characters in fantasy, and as this one’s released in June I’ll definitely be reading it.

Assassin’s Quest by Robin Hobb: I’m taking part in the Elderlingalong this year, and this chonky beast, the third and final book in the Farseer Trilogy, is the group read for June and July before we move on to the next trilogy in this huge series.

Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri: I’ve heard amazing things about this novel – I’ve seen Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense sing its praises enough to know that I want to give it a try – and summer seems like the perfect time to get to it.

Beach Read by Emily Henry: This contemporary romance novel about a pair of rival authors who swap genres for the summer sounds like the ideal summer read, and I’ve been hearing fantastic things about it.

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren: I’ve heard so many good things about this contemporary romance novel and I was finally able to pick it up fairly recently when the kindle edition was reduced to 99p. It’s another one that sounds like perfect summer reading.

A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow: This contemporary fantasy novel about sirens sounds so summery, and I’m in love with the cover.

Dragon Unleashed by Grace Draven: I didn’t particularly like Phoenix Unbound, but I can pretty much always rely on Draven as a romantasy author to transport me somewhere completely new for a few hours.

Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert: I read Get a Life, Chloe Brown earlier this month and it was such a fun read, so I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series which I’ve been lucky enough to receive via NetGalley. I tend to reach for more contemporary reads in the summer.

67 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | My Summer 2020 TBR

1. lindseyhabets says:

Great list, I hope you’ll get to all of these!
    I only read The Unhoneymooners, but I ADORED that one! The Daevabad series, Take A Hint Dani Brown and Beach Read are all still on my TBR and I hope to get to them soon.

2. Dani says:

I’m definitely a mood reader too and books set in warmer climates and romance in general seem to top my list as well! I’m on my library’s hold list for Beach Read! I really want to read Take A Hint, but I should probably read the first in the series first, huh?! πŸ™‚

3. Lucie @ Wishes and Pages says:

That’s such a great list! I love Empire of Sand and Assassin’s Quest, I hope you’ll enjoy them both! I can’t wait to get to The Empire of Gold and Mexican Gothic as well. I’m also starting to be in the mood for contemporary books, considering summer is almost there, I really want to try Talia Hibbert’s books and to read Beach Read, so many people have loved this one. Good luck with your summer TBR! 😊

Seeing Mexican Gothic on so many lists this week has me even MORE excited for it but I’m still terrified about how terrified I’m going to be reading it πŸ˜‚ Beach Read also made it onto my list this week and I honestly can’t wait to read it. I’m so excited ❀ Fab list, Jess! I hope you enjoy all of these and happpy reading πŸ™‚

5. acquadimore says:

I also really need to get to The Empire of Gold but I’m scared of what it will throw at us!
    I’d love to know what you think about Queen of the Conquered; I’ve just read another book by Kacen Callender and really liked it, but this is a completely different genre, so I don’t know if I want to read it yet.
    Great list!

6. Emer @alittlehazebookblog says:

MEXICAN GOTHIC πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ» still my fav book of 2020 so far. And Beach Read was super interesting I thought. Loved how it had some subtle subversions about the romance genre mixed into its plot. And yup, Dani Brown is as fun as Chloe Brown 😊😊😊 hope you love all of these books Jess πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›