Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week’s theme. You can find everything you need to know about joining in here!
This week’s theme is ‘Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover’!
- Stroking the spines of your favourite books when you see them in bookshops like the two of you once had an incredibly passionate fling.
- Saying ‘if they don’t include [insert incredibly niche favourite scene here], I’m going to sue’ when you find out a book you’ve read is going to be adapted.
- Letting yourself get soaked when it rains so you can wrap your coat around your book.
- Recommending books you haven’t read to friends or family because you’ve seen a blogger, booktuber or bookstagrammer with similar tastes raving about it.
- Heading straight to Waterstones in your hole-ridden leggings with the birthday money your parents desperately hoped you’d spend on new clothes.
- Choosing which books you’re going to take on holiday with you before you’ve booked your holiday.
- Sulking about mid-series cover changes even though you know there are much bigger issues in the world.
- Looking so distraught after a favourite character dies that people stop you in the street to ask if you’re okay.
- Pretending to act surprised when your friend mentions your favourite author is bringing out a new book because you stalk them on social media and you’ve known about it for months.
- Starting a book blog – you love books so much you need an outlet for all that gushing!