(1) Black Coffee | Name A Series That’s Tough To Get Into But Has Hardcore Fans:
I think I have to go with the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I couldn’t get past the first few pages of the first book and I’ve considered giving the series another try, especially now that it’s over, but to be honest the fandom kind of put me off – some of them are a bit too precious about these books.
(2) Peppermint Mocha | Name A Book That Gets More Popular During the Winter or A Festive Time of Year:
My True Love Gave to Me ed. by Stephanie Perkins always seems to pop back up around the festive season and I can understand why – it’s a really fun way to read a selection of YA authors!
(3) Hot Chocolate | What Is Your Favourite Children’s Book?
I feel like the answer to this could be different everytime I’m asked because there are so many, especially considering how much I loved Jacqueline Wilson when I was younger, but I think I have to go with Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl. I loved it when I was younger and my poor dad had to read it to me so often that we both knew it off by heart.
(4) Double Shot of Espresso | Name A Book That Kept You On the Edge Of Your Seat From Start to Finish:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. I read it in one sitting because I needed to know what happened before I was spoiled.
(5) Starbucks | Name A Book You See Everywhere:
Over the past year I feel as though I’ve seen The Cruel Prince by Holly Black everywhere, but this year I finally read it myself and I understand the hype – I really enjoyed it!
(6) The Hipster Coffee Shop | Give A Book By An Indie Author A Shout Out:
Emma is a friend from uni, so I have to give a shout out to her Changeling Chronicles!
(7) Oops! I Accidentally Ordered Decaf | Name A Book You Were Expecting More From:
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I finally read this trilogy this year and it wasn’t what I expected – I felt like not a lot actually happened until the final book?
(8) The Perfect Blend | Name A Book Or Series That Was Both Bitter And Sweet, But Ultimately Satisfying:
I wouldn’t call it ‘sweet’, but Feed by Mira Grant is one of my favourite novels and it’s one of those books that has light, fun moments only to pack a gut-wrenching punch. I’m still not over it.
(9) Green Tea | Name A Book Or Series That Is Quietly Beautiful:
The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison. It’s a very quiet fantasy novel, this isn’t the book to pick up if you want action-packed wars or magical battles, but it’s a fantastic story.
(10) Chai Tea | Name a Book Or Place Series That Makes You Dream Of Far Off Places:
As soon as I finished Heidi Heilig’s The Girl From Everywhere, I wanted to pack my bags and go to Hawaii. I loved the way she described the landscape.
(11) Earl Grey | Name Your Favourite Classic:
This is another one that I think could change depending on what mood I’m in, but one of my favourite classics is definitely Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll – it’s just so bizarre!
If you haven’t done this tag yet and you’d like to, consider yourself tagged – I’d love to see your answers!